2. A Note about Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
4. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
5. Types of Information We Collect. “Personal Information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. “Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect and use Personal Information and Anonymous Information as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us
If you register for the Services and create an account with us (an “Account”), we may collect the following information, your first and last name, organization name, related industry, experience summary, headline, industry, profile picture, skills, languages, past and current positions (including job title, summary, company name, start date, and end date), education information (including school name, degree, field of study, start date, end date, activities, and notes), password, e-mail address, phone number, and zip code.
When you request Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and billing information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases.
We retain information on your behalf, such as files that you upload to or store using your Account.
If you create a profile page about yourself, we will collect information contained in your profile page and other users may be able to see it.
When you contact us to learn more about the Services, we will collect your name and your e-mail address.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
We may also collect demographic information about you (age, race etc.). Wellhire is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. By submitting your sensitive Personal Information (e.g. ethnic background) to us, you agree that we may use such information solely for research purposes. Our research will ensure that our psychometric instruments are fair and objective in the assessment of candidates and prevent unfair discrimination. When used for research purposes, the information is used on an anonymous and aggregated basis. You can opt not to provide this information to us.
We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services
When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
We will collect information contained in your profile page and other users may be able to see it.
When you post content on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users may be able to see it, along with y any other information that you choose to make public
We may also collect Personal Information, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Information is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) automatically collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
Since the foregoing information may be collected when you are signed into the Services, this information may be associated by us with Personal Information that we have collected from you.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
6. Use of Your Personal Information
(a) General Use In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
facilitate the creation of and secure your Account;
identify you as a user in our system;
improve our Site and Services;
for our internal research and development;
to process payments made by you;
customize content to match your preferences;
prevent suspended users from re-registering;
provide the Services you request;
send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
enable you to share your information and communicate with other users, or provide (usually at your option) your personal details to third parties offering combined services with Wellhire;
send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
aggregate your assessment responses with the employment data you provide to create your individual profile which may be accessed by companies looking for potential employees;
respond to your inquiries and requests; and
send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Wellhire.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When may publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their employer. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(c) Notice Wellhire collects information under the direction of potential employers, and may have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information it processes. Wellhire works with such potential employers to help them provide notice to potential employees concerning the purpose for which Personal Information is collected.
(d) Re-use Wellhire may re-use Personal Information collected from you, provided, however, that Wellhire will not use information specific to a particular employer in other contexts. In addition, Wellhire will not re-use the following types of Personal Information: your profile page information, and phone number.
(e) Creation of Anonymous Information We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its sole discretion.
(a) Consent. We may share your Personal Information with your consent.
(b) Third Parties Designated by You When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings.
(c) Profile Information Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your profile page. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Information you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your profile page is displayed on your profile page. By default, your profile page is not available for public viewing. Your content you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. Other users of the Site may be able to view your profile page and the information contained therein.
(d) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to provide services to or on behalf of Wellhire (i.e. the processing of payments, the submission of e-mail communications on our behalf and the providing of customer service). These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by Wellhire.
(e) Potential Employers We may share your individual assessment results and other account information with potential employers.
(i) Disclosure to Third Party Companies We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Information that we collect from you. AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
(j) Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), Wellhire may disclose Personal Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary (a) in connection with any legal investigation; (b) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Wellhire; (c) to protect or defend the rights or property of our company, employees, agents, users and/or others; and/or (d) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law, agreements, policies or terms.
9. Notice. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information our platform processes. Individuals who seek access to, or seek to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information should review their account settings page or direct their query to the applicable potential employer (the data controller). If the potential employer requests Wellhire to remove the information, we will respond to their request within thirty (30) business days.
11. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct, or delete the Personal Information in your Account and chose what Personal Information is made public by contacting us or by editing your profile page. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
12. Profiles. Currently all profiles are automatically private unless you expressly accept a request from another user to share your information with them or unless you are a candidate and have applied for a job with a potential employer who is doing business with Wellhire with the express purpose of determining your qualifications for the position. Additionally, if another user requests your profile page information, we may provide your profile page information to such other user.
13. Security of Your Personal Information We use reasonable security measures to help protect against loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information under our control. Although we will exercise reasonable care in protection your information, no company can fully prevent security risks. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Wellhire cannot guarantee its absolute security.
14. Data Retention We will retain the Personal Information we collect and/or process for as long as needed to provide services to employers, and in any case for at least one (1) year. We will retain and use this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
1245 Pearl St. Suite 209
Boulder, CO 80302